Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

merging data from different modes

Hi,
We have a project within our sight that encourages us to split data collection between CAWI and CAPI (important part of the population consists of people who don't use Internet, but at the same time we have to meet our deadlines and cost limits). Have you ever tried such a merger? Any reflections about mode effects (scale factor, different heuristics)? Before we field a multimode CBC survey we have to be sure it will blend painlessly. I thought about some experimental setting which could help to elicit mode effects, but it seams to be hard to make it right (bugget).
asked Jul 2, 2013 by lkomenda Bronze (2,830 points)
retagged Jul 2, 2013 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
If asking about the merge possible or not.. no problem there.. Offline + Online fine with merge...

If asking about methodology change, bias or anything else... that's another thing :)

AFAIK, you have to split your tasks between methodologies carefully...
answered Jul 3, 2013 by Mithat Bronze (4,010 points)
Oh, I know it's technically possible. I'm more interested in the influence of response mode on scale parameter, shifting of importances between attributes and so on...