Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How about import customized task?

Thanks Bryan. I have another idea, if my client wants to have 50-version designs, I would generate more than 50 versions, say 80 versions or 100 versions. Then I export the design. NExt, I select designs which includes only 3 attributes from 80 or 100 versions, and paste them into new CSV file to fulfill the design number of 50-version designs. And use "Import design" function to import the design. So my design will have only 3 attributes. How about this way? Is there any concerns or risks to do so?

Thanks.
related to an answer for: Partial-profile design with prohibition
asked Dec 6, 2011 by ericdee Bronze (1,800 points)
retagged Sep 13, 2012 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
It's not a bad idea to start with Sawtooth Software-generated designs, and then to tweak them a little bit in Excel to enforce certain properties you need for your study.  Rather than looking for entire design versions that comply with your needs (and throwing away entire versions that fail), you might just write some IF-Then code in Excel that identifies offending tasks and tweaks them a bit to satisfy your needs.  Typical tweaks involve randomly selecting attributes to change to another level.  Or, identifying an offending level and changing it to another level (typically with some sort of random selection).

BUT, after doing any tweaking of designs (and even before!), make sure to test the final design using the Advanced Test option that produces simulated respondent data, a logit report, and resulting standard errors for the parameters of interest.
answered Dec 6, 2011 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (150,515 points)