Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Mixed format question

I am trying to build a question that will require multiple field types in order to provide a comprehensive response situation. Basically I'm looking to build the following:

|Open end|Numeric|13 Check boxes|

The thought being that a respondent could provide a brief description of something, a numeric response associated with it, and then a multi check section to help describe it. I'm not even sure if this is possible, or where to start if it is.

I am using an older version (6.6.18) and I was also wondering if this would be easier to design in a newer version.
asked Jun 4, 2013 by anonymous
It can be done using free format easily using any version. Unfortunately I missed my code which something looks like it. But I would suggest to try free format.

1 Answer

0 votes
If you only had the O/E and numeric fields, you could slot that into a grid type question. With the 13 check box options, that makes me think your only way around this is to create a free format question.

The negatives of a free format question is you lose some of the standard functionality of a defined question like a select or grid type question. You would need to write JavaScript code to control the responses entered by the respondents and the high-liting.
answered Jul 15, 2013 by Paul Moon Platinum (74,205 points)