Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Can I manually enter, say 5, blocks of trade-offs instead of having the program randomly design blocks for me?

asked Dec 5, 2011 by anonymous
retagged Sep 13, 2012 by Walter Williams
you might want to elaborate on what you want a bit more...is this CBC for example?
Im sorry, Im new to this, so don't have much of an idea what I am doing. I am using CBC. I have collected data using 5 blocks and 10 question per block. It is relatively easy data captured, as I only have 2 attributes with 2 and 5 levels.
However I used a different program to create these random trade-offs and would like to analyse it using CBC.
I have noticed that I can use Fixed Design choice tasks to create my question, but this will only allow me to create 50 different trade-offs rather then 5 blocks of 10.
Hope that helps a bit more?

1 Answer

0 votes
If you are planning on using CBC/HB 5 for you analysis then you can probably import your design and data directly into CBC/HB using the new .csv import feature. You can find details on the layout of your design and response files in the CBC/HB 5 manual.

If you want to generate a .cho file using SSI Web then you can import your design into the software and then import your data using the accumulate paper and pencil data option available in the analysis menu.
answered Dec 6, 2011 by Jeff Forkner Bronze (2,875 points)