Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

how can ı do copy- paste

yes i have survey data in Excel and i want to construct a logit model using this result for this reason i want to use sawtooth, but excel is .xls file how can i open this file in the sawtooth. i want to estimate beta value for my attributes.
related to an answer for: how can i import to excel file to sawtooth
asked May 9, 2013 by anonymous
retagged May 9, 2013 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
Thanks for clarifying the question.  If you have Latent Class standalone software or MBC software from us, you can do this from a properly-formatted .csv file (which of course may be saved out of Excel).  

These two systems (Latent Class or MBC) can estimate aggregate (pooled) binary or multinomial logistic regression.   With Latent Class software, you need to request a 1-group solution to obtain the aggregate multinomial logit model or the aggregate binary logit model.

Do you have Latent Class or MBC?  If you have Latent Class, instructions for formatting the data file are provided under Help + Contents + Using the Latent Class System + Creating Your Own Datasets in .CSV Format.

If you have MBC, instructions are provided in the first few pages of the Help or the Manual.
answered May 9, 2013 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (139,115 points)