Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How to force show a question?

A question of select type is getting skipped because it has a single response. But I want to show that page. How can I do that?
Please help.
asked Apr 25, 2013 by Niks Bronze (620 points)
I believe the default for any question that has only one code/option displayed, the question will be auto-filled with the appropriate code number/value then skipped. I don't think you can turn this off? Could a Sawtooth member please confirm?

One tricky option is to include a "dummy" code always and make it hidden? This would require some JavaScript skills.
No problem with the dummy code. But how can I make it hidden?
You mean if you disable  "Require Response" ?

Why add dummy code instead of forcing the response to be selected?
Maybe I'm missing the point...
When only ONE code is calculated within a constructed list, the page will not be displayed at all. The value of that code will automatically be inserted into the question.

I don't think you can turn that feature off? Sawtooth will need to confirm this.

A possible soultion is to trick Sawtooth into thinking there is more than one code displayed by always adding a "dummy" code to the constructed list but make it invisible with some fancy JavaScript.

1 Answer

0 votes
If you tick Require Response under Setting tabs of that question, it warns you if you don't select that single response. - it's the default for radio buttons. Maybe you're using check box?
answered Apr 25, 2013 by Mithat Bronze (4,615 points)