Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Column 'name' is considered to be unique. Value "/" is already present. error for FTP

I just encountered a ftp issue - able to fix it with a workaround.

Just reporting if someone else faces the same problem:

The issue is not handling other ftp listing response types than Unix standard. You get an error
Column 'name' is considered to be unique. Value "/" is already present.
while trying to connect to ftp server and publish the survey.

Normally the ftp file listings are in this form :

drwxrwxrwx   1 owner    group               0 Mar 22 12:03 survey.com
drwxrwxrwx   1 owner    group               0 Mar 21 19:10 test

but if you have a Windows 2K12 hosting with standard IIS ftp service, you'll have a listing like:

03-22-13  12:03PM       <DIR>          survey.com
03-21-13  07:10PM       <DIR>          test

like the old MS-DOS.

Almost all of the FTP clients have support for that but looks like it is not supported by SSIWeb Web Server Management.

If you try to connect to the server in standard setup, it gets connected but you get an error like:

Column 'name' is considered to be unique. Value "/" is already present.

You have to change the Directory Browsing -> Directory Listing Style from MS-DOS to Unix using the ISS FTP service management console.

After that everything will start to work as usual.

This ftp setup can have impact on other custom programs, so having SSIWeb supporting standards (ok.. Windows just brakes it but having lots of copies sold is kind of a standard nowadays :( ) will be nice...
asked Apr 18, 2013 by Mithat Bronze (4,010 points)
retagged Apr 18, 2013 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

+1 vote
What version of SSI Web are you using?  We have many clients and ourselves that upload to windows servers in MS-DOS file listing mode.

If you would like you can send in your study to support@sawtoothsoftware.com and email your ftp info so we can see what is going on.
answered Apr 18, 2013 by Mike Lodder Gold (23,410 points)
Sending the ftp log screenshots.. The issue is not related with the study. If I switch the FTP behaivour as I mentioned before gets stable :(
Forget to include version.. 8.2