Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Number tasks in Version 7 CBC design

Hi,

I may have a quite simple question but I can`t find the solution by myself. I am using Version 7 and I have an CBC design with 12 tasks. I wonder how I can  number the 12 tasks so the user can see his progress in the questioning.

In Version 8 it is automatically designed with the code %CBCCurrentTask ()% of %CBCTotalTasks()%
In the old Version its not working..

Thanks for your help!
asked Apr 8, 2013 by anonymous
retagged Apr 8, 2013 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

+1 vote
That function was added in version 8, so it's not present in version 7.

The low-tech option is to add something like a free-format question to each page and manually type it in.

The high-tech option is to write a script that counts it up for you.  For example, the PageNumber function returns what page you are on.  If your CBC exercise starts on page 10, then you could do something like this: [%PageNumber() - 9%] of 12.  PageNumber() evaluates to 10, then 9 is subtracted from it and the net results is 1 of 12 on the page.  When the person goes to the next page, PageNumber() evaluates to 11, and 11-9=2, so you get 2 of 12, and so forth.
answered Apr 8, 2013 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (37,610 points)