Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

SMRT segment variable does not evaluate to a valid expression

Hello,

for the second study in a row I am having trouble when trying to use merged data as banner data in SMRT. The merge itself is working smoothless, as is the creation of auto-segments from it. But when I try to use the segments as banner data, I always get an error message:

_______
The following country_seg category does not evaluate to a valid expression:

Category1: UK
Selection criteria: country = 1
Error description: A variable has been requested that is out of range. A merged variable was requested that does not exist. Remove or repeat Merge and try again.
Location in expression: 13

Unless otherwise noted, you may need to redefine the category by selecting 'Custom Segments' from the Analysis menu.
_______

I did try to use custom segments but got the same error. There is data available for each respondent, and I used the same file of merged data and even the same variable in CBC HB as a covariate

I never had this problems with other projects before and am at a loss as to what might be the reason. I'd be really grateful for any advice.

I am using SMRT 4.22.0, if that is of any importance.

Thanks
Bastian
asked Apr 5, 2013 by anonymous
Bastian,

Please call our technical support team and we will investigate the issue with you.

Gary

Your answer

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.