Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Possible to include per-user pricing in ACBC?

We have around 10 attributes with 2-5 levels for an ACBC study. Some of the attributes are priced per-user, so the pricing that a respondent from a company with 2 users sees should be less than the pricing that a respondent from a company with 10 users sees. However, not all of the attributes have this per-user pricing.

Is there a way, using conditional pricing (or any other method) to take the number of users into account for the summed price attribute?
asked Mar 26, 2013 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
This gets into an advanced area...but the prices in the Summed Price area (both base price and level prices) can be customized per respondent using SSI Scripting functions (those functions and operations enclosed using [% %] tags).  This gets into tricky areas, so proceed with caution.  One really has to think hard about what is happening with the utility estimation and coding of the price function.  You should export the data to the .CHO format and study how the linear price variables are being coded and think about what this means for specifying products in the market simulator.  A few years back I remember digging through this area and thinking about how it all worked (before we unleashed this power of being able to conditionally script prices for different people).  I remember feeling comfortable with what was happening at the time, but this is such a flexible area that maybe what I was doing does not match what others might think to do.  So, buyer beware!
answered Mar 26, 2013 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (129,940 points)
Is it safe to use Perl in ACBC?