Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Best way to learn SSI Web

I downloaded the demo version, and found the documentation is about 900 pages. Are there any basic tutorial videos available? or any other way to learn basics
Looking for advise from experts.
Thanks in advance
asked Mar 14, 2013 by anonymous
I won't bother with this as a formal answer, but those 900 pages are broken up into the various capabilities of SSI Web, which does general interviewing as well as different conjoint analysis exercises.  Rather than try to use the PDF version of the help, I would open up the indexed help files and start (as mentioned below) with the getting started tour.  Then I would go into the section relevant to what you want to learn about, i.e. General Interviewing, CBC, etc.

4 Answers

+2 votes
Under the HELP menu option, try the "Getting Started Hands-On Tour" and also check out the "Sample Studies". This should give you a good overview.

I went through each menu item when I first started and took down notes. I also used the Sawtooth Help which is very good and informative.

Try to understand a topic at a time rather than many topics at once. You gain confidence after mastering one topic then another and so on ...

Ask plenty of questions on this forum. There's plenty of people around the world willing to help plus the reliable Sawtooth crew. The help will feel more personal and friendly as opposed to dealing with a large corporation.

Good luck, hope to assist you some more very soon.
answered Mar 14, 2013 by Paul Moon Platinum (59,425 points)
+2 votes
You might find these videos helpful:

answered Mar 14, 2013 by Justin Luster Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (5,695 points)
+2 votes
Just my 2 cents. In my case, I started with the "Getting Started: 45-Minute Tour of SSI Web" section of the documentation / help, and I recommend it. It surely won't make you an expert (I ain't one either), but it is very effective to learn the basics in a straightforward way.

answered Mar 14, 2013 by João Fernandes Bronze (2,040 points)
+2 votes
I have found Sawtooth Software's workshops to be very helpful.  They are conducted by experts in this field, feature hands on demonstrations, and are very responsive to questions posed by participants.  They represent an excellent investment.
answered Mar 16, 2013 by cunnic Bronze (1,440 points)