Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Use pass-in field data in skip logic

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to base a question skip on pre-defined information that I can include in a pass-in field.

My study is a follow-up on an RCT and users have been split into two groups. The majority of the survey is the same for both groups, but at a point it splits so that Group A and Group B are asked a slightly different sub-set of questions.

I thought that I could include either "groupA" or "groupB" as a pass-in field, but I cannot work out how I can then use the pass-in data to facilitate a skip - put simply for example, after Q10 we want Group A to answer QA1-QA20 and Group B to skip to QB1-QB20.

Would love any advice that can be offered.
asked Feb 27, 2013 by Christine Hanley (370 points)
retagged Feb 27, 2013 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
Not sure what version you are using?

For v7, you need to click on the key and define your merged fields or pass-in fields.

Merged fields are used when you import sample or pre-defined data into Sawtooth, whereas the pass-in data is passed in via the survey link.

Whatever field names you give them can be used in skip logic.

For more information on survey links and pass-in fields, look up "Pass-In fields" in the Sawtooth help. It explains the format of the link nicely.
answered Feb 27, 2013 by Paul Moon Platinum (58,715 points)