Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Excluding respondents in the SMRT

Hi,

I would like to exclude in the SMRT couple of respondents who I think biase results but I dont want to delete them. SMRT gives a tool "Edit/Delete data" and although it is easy way to get rid some respondents it does not enable to exclude them. I want to compare results of all respondents and the group where some of them are excluded. Could you please advice ?

All the best !
Robert
asked Dec 18, 2012 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
SMRT has the capability to filter respondents while running simulations, but you need to have something to filter on.  You can merge in additional data and match it with the utilities by going to File -> Merge Variables.  We have a short movie with an example of how to format a CSV file to merge in at https://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/support/issues/ssiweb/help_movies/merge_variables.htm.

Once you have a variable merged in, you can uncheck the box to include all respondents in the settings of a simulation and choose which group(s) to include.
answered Dec 19, 2012 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (38,015 points)