Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Error 118 in admin module

Hi..

I got an error-log with ERRORNUM=118 in the admin-module. It only appeared after the 30th respondent of a cbc pretest. Everything seemed to be fine so far.

"SSIWebVersion= 7_0_28 ErrorNum= 118 msg= The study name passed in (frageb_aks) does not match the study name in the STUDYNAMEqst.cgi file (). The study name is case-sensitive.Make sure that the study name that you are passing in matches the name of your study and try again."

We finished pretesting and are about to conduct the study. Could there be any problem after the error message?

Andrew
asked Dec 3, 2012 by Andrew Bronze (780 points)
retagged Dec 3, 2012 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
Sounds like someone had a bad link they tried to use.  A login-bypass link would end in ciwweb.pl, followed by a ? to indicate that the URL has ended and additional info is being included for the page.  We pass in the study name and any additional variables.  So, if the full link would have been something like www.mysurvey.com/cgi-bin/ciwweb.pl?studyname=pizza&respID=1234 it's possible that maybe they tried to copy and paste and only ended up with www.mysurvey.com/cgi-bin/ciwweb.pl?studyname=piz

"Piz" isn't a valid study, so it would make an error like this and say "The study name passed in (piz) does not match the study name.

Further evidence that this one was a one-time goof is that you had 29 people use the link and take the survey without issue, and you should be able to take it currently without generating an error.
answered Dec 3, 2012 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (37,410 points)
Thanks for the fast answer! Sounds good to me. As I created the questionnaire out of a copy from the last one I was little afraid there is any leftover after changing names of study & variables for the new one. Thanks again!