Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Print Report to PDF in v8

Hi. Using SSI version 8, has anyone discoverred a way to create nice PDFs (or other format) of reports generated via the admin module - that are neat and tidy enough to be sent to clients? The reports generated by the admin module are great but currently lack the ability to be easily/nicely saved or printed "as is".

Many thanks
Russell
asked Nov 28, 2012 by rapizel Bronze (1,420 points)
retagged Nov 28, 2012 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
Windows includes a snipping tool to take a screenshot and then crop it down.  I typically do this route when I want a picture of anything dealing with a survey and then paste it into a PowerPoint, Word document or PDF.
answered Nov 29, 2012 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (38,865 points)
Thanks Brian. Yes that's an option, but I think requires the table to fit on the visible screen to capture it all in one go, and would be time consuming for a larger report. It would be great to be able to export a large report easily an into a nice format that didn't need excesive editing. Clients often want to see simple frequency counts of all questions during and/or after fieldwork and although I can ask them to generate tables via the admin module themselves - they often also want to be able to export the results (all in one go). I currently generate the tables in thrid party software to be sent to clients. The admin module generates nice tables. It's a shame they can't easily be shared/emailed.

Thanks Russell