Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Display of labels in ACA

Dear colleagues,

I am programming an ACA study (v 5.4) and would like to know if there is a way to modify the way levels are displayed in the different kind of questions?

To be more precise: I would like a level to be displayed as "None of the above" in the rating and importance questions and as "     " (Blank) in the pair and calibration questions. Is this possible somehow? Please let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Best regards,
Ulrich
asked Nov 22, 2012 by Ulrich (120 points)
retagged Nov 22, 2012 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
The only way I could do this would be to use the QuestionName() function along with some Perl code to dynamically change text.  It would look something like this:

[%Begin Unverified Perl
if (QUESTIONNAME() eq "computer_Pair1")
{return "";}
else
{return "None of the above";}
End Unverified%]

Now that's only going to work if it shows up in the first paired comparison question.  You can add a bunch of OR statements to it so it would return true on Pair1, Pair2, Pair3 etc., but I imagine there would be a more efficient solution using a regular expression search (maybe JavasScript?) but unfortunately that goes beyond my skill set.
answered Nov 27, 2012 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (37,810 points)