Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Is it possible to analyze "old" MaxDiff data?

Hello all,

Naively, I have re-generated the design of my MaxDiff exercise, and now I want to analyze an "old" .dat file and generate the respective MaxDiff scores on some previous respondents, and of course SSI Web can't do it, because it's a different design. So, is there any way to utilize this data or have it gone to waste?

Also, in the SSI Web documentation (CiW, CBC and ACA sections) says that "Other lets you choose another numeric variable to use for respondent numbering. This last option is useful if you are linking surveys from another source and need to merge the data sets by a "passed-in" variable." Is this applicable to this case?

I hope I was explicit enough.

Thank you all,
João Fernandes
asked Nov 9, 2012 by João Fernandes Bronze (2,040 points)
retagged Nov 15, 2012 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
Check to see if you have a recovery folder in your study folder first.  When you prepare for web upload, for example, we should copy your .ssi and design file into a folder.  The name of this folder will be a timestamp of when it was created.  If you can find the recovery folder that has a design that matches your respondents' design ID, put the data file there and use that copy to run the scores.
answered Nov 9, 2012 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (39,270 points)
selected Nov 12, 2012 by João Fernandes
It worked, Brian. Thanks! :]