Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Piping #1 selection from rank

My second question today.  

I want to include a question that pipes in the #1 item from a previous rank question, but I keep getting an error when I try.  The rank question is Q10b and I assumed I could input [% Label(Q10b_1) %] into the question header, but this isn't working.   When I try [% (Q10b_1) %] I get the appropriate item #, so I'm not sure why I can't get the label.
asked Mar 20 by dpatek (265 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
"Q10b_1" is the variable that refers to the first item of the question (e.g., the item that appears first when the question is displayed), not the item that is ranked first.

What I would do is create a constructed list using the AddSorted function, like this:

AddSorted(Q10b)

Now you have a list of items, sorted by their ranking.  You can reference them in your questionnaire using the ListLabel function.
answered Mar 20 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (144,125 points)
Thanks, Zachary.  I didn't mention that the ranked items were created from their own constructed list (drawing from items selected from an earlier question.  I'm not sure how to create a constructed list from a constructed list.  Sorry for all the questions today!
It's the same as normal, except the parent list needs to be set to whatever the initial predefined list is.
Thanks, Zachary.  That worked.