Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

HB - Covariates missing repondent number

Hi all,

I have the following problem: I tried to make use of the demographic/covariate information and exported a csv file with the information I wanted. But every time I try to estimate the parameters it says: "Repondent 120 could not be located in the demographics file. Please check the file before continuing." But when I look it up, it's right there in the first row with all the information I need. I tried to format it like in the technical paper (application with covariates within sawtooth softwar's cbc/hb Program) but it won't work. Also if I check "use covariates" there is an "Error: There are no variables selected as covariates.". What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance!
asked Nov 1, 2012 by anonymous

1 Answer

+3 votes
First, please make sure you've updated to v5.4.2, which is the latest release.  It includes issues regarding CSV demographic files without a header row.

If the problem persists, please send the files in an email to support@sawtoothsoftware.com.
answered Nov 1, 2012 by Walter Williams Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (18,280 points)