Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Adding a div between the progress bar and the footer

I'm trying to add a div between the progress bar and footer.  I've got it working fine in Chrome developer tools, but I have no clue where to put the script in Lighthouse

Any ideas?

Thanks!
asked Feb 21 by crawliano (320 points)
Could you expound on what you imagine the final result looking like?  Would adding a "<hr/>" to the start of your footer text serve your needs?
So my footer area can't have anything other than a client logo in it, that was my first port of call, but no dice.  So my idea was to insert a div between the progress bar and the footer.  I've got it working, but I don't know how to insert this div into the question window
I want to make sure we're on the same page about this "div."  A div in HTML is just a general content container, so adding one of those without any content wouldn't actually change how anything looked.  I'm wondering if you mean something like a horizontal line instead.  If you were to add that "<hr/>" to the footer, is the result of doing that about what you have in mind?
After <div class="progress_bar_table"> ends and before <div class="page_footer"> I added this via dev tools

<div style="font-size: 12px; font-style: italic; text-align: center; color: #aaa">
    Please keep in mind that the products and prices proposed in the survey are hypothetical.<br>They will not necessarily reflect the final offering at the location, which will be shaped by your feedback.<p></p>
</div>

Nothing OTT, I just need to get this disclaimer in between the progress bar and the footer

1 Answer

0 votes
I see.  Please try adding this script to your survey's HTML head tag:

<script>
$(document).ready(function(){
    $('.page_footer').before('<div>hello world</div>');
})
</script>

Of course, my sample div can be replaced with any HTML you want inserted.
answered Feb 21 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (138,350 points)