Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Alternative specific

Hi,
I have a question regarding the alternative specific function. I have one primary attribute and three attributes that are conditional upon this. Now this works fine.

But I also have two more conditional attributes that are also conditional upon the same primary attribute. When I am to choose conditional attributes, I'm only able to choose three. Is there anyway around this?

Thank you,

Line
asked Nov 11 by Line

1 Answer

0 votes
I'm not sure why you're seeing this limitation.  I just created a study with one primary and six secondary and it worked just fine.  Try it again, but this time enter all the secondaries at the same time rather than in two batches, and see if that works.  

If not, please contact Support.
answered Nov 11 by Keith Chrzan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (79,225 points)
Old versions of our software had a limitation of no more than 3 conditional attributes.  But, there wasn't a limitation on alt-specific attributes.  So, maybe you are using old software and maybe you are confusing the separate issues of conditional attributes vs. alt-specific attributes?
Hi, thank you. Yes I got confused because of the new setup. Before I used the conditional display, but thats not needed anymore. Now its actually a lot easier to make alternative spec than previously :) Thank you.