Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Is it possible to change the text of attributes from the BYO screen to the Conjoint_Screener_1 screen?

Hello everybody!

I have a ACBC. On the ACBC Built-Your-Own (BYO) screen i have two colums, one for the attributes and one for the levels. When I move on to the next page (Conjoint_Screener 1) I have on the left side the attributes again. Is it possible to change the attributes, that means only the text here? I know that I can hide it, so that no attributes appear on the Conjoint_screener_1 page. But is it possibel to change them a little?

The problem is, that i formulated the attributes in the BYO as questions. On the Conjoint_Screener I want them as single words to have it clearly laid out and save space. I have a lot of text in my levels.

Thx!
asked Oct 11, 2012 by T.K. (330 points)

3 Answers

0 votes

Best answer
Just for fun, as a 3rd option can do it with CSS as well.

<style type="text/css">
.byotext {display:none}
.acbc_byo .byotext {display:inline}
.acbc_byo .nonbyotext {display:none}
</style>

<span class="byotext">This text will appear on the BYO page.</span>
<span class="nonbyotext"> This text will appear on all of the other pages.</span>
answered Oct 11, 2012 by Nolan Kaplan Bronze (4,090 points)
selected Oct 12, 2012 by T.K.
AMAZING! The CSS code is perfect! Thank you very much!
0 votes
I've helped an associate a while ago to accomplish this. I can't find the code, but you can do two things:
1- Use perl in your texts and within the perl check questions name, if its BYO return something, if its Screener return something else.
2- use JavaScript to change the texts after checking questions name, but in cases where JS is blocked, this will fail
answered Oct 11, 2012 by Bahadir Ozkurt Gold (16,930 points)
0 votes
When creating you attribute labels the following Perl script will return "BYO specific text" on the BYO page and "non-BYO text" on every other page.

[%begin unverified perl

if(QUESTIONNAME() =~ /byo/i) { 
    return "BYO specific text"; 
} 

else { 
    return "non-BYO text"; 
}

end unverified%]
answered Oct 11, 2012 by Jeff Forkner Bronze (2,875 points)