Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

What kind of file format can be used for logo in the Admin module?

Currently, I am exploring the options in the admin module and tried to upload my company logo in JPEG format. I didn't get the logo. However, I noticed the GIF format file works well and am able to see the logo. Is there any restriction on the file format?
asked Oct 5, 2012 by Lawrence Bronze (2,100 points)
retagged Oct 5, 2012 by Walter Williams
As far as I know no, are you sure that its not upper/lower case name issue?
I have used the exact filename with upper/lower case combinations.

From my testing, I can say only GIF format files are supported for Admin module.

Also I noticed the logo is not apperaing in FF and Chrome. Any custom code to get logo in these browsers?

Here is the code in the cusom css I have created.

#title_text
{
 display: none;
}

#title  
{
background:url('FinalLogoGIF.gif') no-repeat Left Left;
height: 80px;
padding-right: 2px;
padding-left: 2px;
padding-top: 2px;
padding-bottom: 2px;
}
I have had trouble with case sensitivity of picture file naming. Best to play it safe and type the name of the file exactly as it has been saved. I use jpg files for our company logo in the admin module.

Make sure you enter the path and file name of you admin module css file under the survey settings/server settings tab.
Paul,

I have followed the below procedure as described in the help.

I have created the custom css file with the below code and uploaded using survey settings/server settings tab. Here is the path "[%GraphicsPath()%]admin1.css" it showed me. Please note that "admin1.css" is my custom css file.

This time I have used all lowercase for the file name of logo and tested with GIF, JPG & PNG format. All get displayed in IE but not in FF and Chrome. Do you have any suggestion for FF and Chrome?

Custom CSS code
==============

#title_text
{
}

#title  
{
background:url('http://www.domainname.com/studyname/graphics/logopng.png') no-repeat Left Left;
}

1 Answer

0 votes
Remove the single quotation mark in the URL (see my above comments)  and that should display the logo in in all browsers.

Use the below code in custom CSS and follow the instructions in the help for displaying logo in admin page.

#title_text
{
}

#title  
{
background:url(http://www.domainname.com/studyname/graphics/logopng.png) no-repeat left top;
}
answered Oct 9, 2012 by Lawrence Bronze (2,100 points)
Customizing admin login page