Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Display optimal configuration to each respondent at the end of conjoint

After each respondent goes through CBC , is there a way to display his optimal configuration at the end and asking his/her likelihood to purchase?
asked Aug 20 by Xiaowen (440 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Xiaowen,

When I have to do this sort of thing I usually use best-worst case 2 scaling rather than CBC.  With BW-2 we can use MaxDiff on-the-fly utility estimation to get a good idea about the ideal product for each individual respondent, so we can tailor the purchase intention question.  

Our ACBC software also has a way to do this for you.  

But I don't know how you'd do it with CBC - perhaps with a tournament type follow-up to the CBC, but then it's only the favorite product among those shown to a respondent and not the respondent's globally optimal product.
answered Aug 21 by Keith Chrzan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (75,875 points)
Hi Keith,

yes, we would like to display the favorite product among those shown to a respondent, not the globally optimal product. How can I set it up a tournament type follow-up to the CBC?
Xaiowen,

That's going to involve some custom coding, as it's not an "out of the box" functionality of the software.  This is something I would hand off to one of my expert programmers, not something I would do myself, so I cannot answer.  You may want to repost that exact question to the Forum to see if someone who does it can answer for you.