Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Alternative specific missing level text

I am wondering how to have different alternative specific missing level text in ACBC depending on the attribute level. I have attributes that are alternative specific because the variable is always fixed- for example a sub-brand only comes in one size so therefore the size attribute doesn't apply but we want to show the fixed size that it comes in, and a separate sub-brand only comes in one size so the size attribute doesn't apply and that would have different text that it should display.
asked Jun 26, 2019 by Jackie

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Jackie,

If I understood your idea correctly, you are using alternative-specific to prevent attributes that do not change (such as size) to a level. Conditional display would be a good approach if you want this fixed size to still show up in the size attribute row. Let's use your example of product and size.

If you prohibit Product C from showing with the size attribute, you would see a 0 level (prohibited level) option in conditional display when pairing the product attribute and size attribute. Now when Product C (Level 3) shows with the size 0 level (prohibited level) whatever you put in the display text will show up when that combination is prohibited.

You should keep in mind that you will not have a utility for this 0 level and Product C with the fixed size level test makes it so that you cannot see if Product C would be more or less preferred in a different size.
answered Jul 18, 2019 by Christina Hubner Bronze Sawtooth Software, Inc. (700 points)