Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Using multiple fonts in a multi-language survey

My first question is when specifying fonts under the Survey Settings | General Settings | Font Name, do you need a comma and a space between fonts or just a comma?

Microsoft JhengHei,Arial
OR
Microsoft JhengHei, Arial

My second question: I was using Arial as the font and then my client mentioned in the Traditional Chinese survey that the full stops and commas are showing half way up the text instead of at the bottom.

They asked me to use the font - Microsoft JhengHei. It seems to have had no affect?

Can anyone suggest a font to best use in Traditional Chinese that will correct this issue?

Thanks.
asked Jun 20 by Paul Moon Platinum (74,205 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Paul,

In the past we have programmed survey with Chinese language. We requested translation in "unicode" format which does not require any font installation on respondent's machine.

Ex: 全部完成这部分调查需要大约 10 分钟。

Try copy pasting this text in your sawtooth file.

Regards,
Saurabh
answered Jun 20 by Saurabh Aggarwal Gold (31,005 points)
Hi Saurabh, could you please explain further where I am copying the script to? Please provide all instructions. Thanks.

I have since found out that using the font "Noto Sans TC" assisted with my problem.

Do you also have an answer to my first question please?

Thanks again.