Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How can I make the table in the screening task larger?

Hi,

when displaying the table in the screening task of the ACBC, the table is displayed quite narrow. And on both sides of the screen there is still plenty of space for the table to be displayed larger.

Thus, is there a way to make the table in the screening task larger?

Thanks.

Marco
asked May 25 by anonymous
Has anyone an idea?

I would like to know as I have to proceed with the survey.

Thanks.

Marco

1 Answer

0 votes
Adjusting the page width should result in the table appearing wider.  You could adjust this globally in your survey settings, or apply CSS to your screener question to just affect that page.  You could increase the page width with CSS like this:

<style>
.page {
    max-width: 1200px;
}
</style>

Or set it to the entire browser width like this:

<style>
.page {
    max-width: none;
}
</style>
answered May 28 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (114,725 points)
Thanks for your reply.

Where am I supposed to enter these codes?

Thanks.

Marco
If you want the change to apply to the whole survey, the code needs to go somewhere where it will appear on every page.  There are a few fields that do this in your survey settings.

If you want the change to apply to just one page, add it to one of the question texts on that page.
Thanks for your answer.

I applied the code to some texts of a question and the page width indeed became larger, but the table unfortunately did not. The table and the text remained of the same width. So, is there another possibility for getting the table wider?

Thanks.

Marco
What browser are you testing with?  What version of SSI Web / Lighthouse Studio are you using?
I am testing with Safari and I am using Lighthouse Studio 9.6.1 - Academic Research
I don't have Safari, but the "max-width: none;" code has been stretching the table for me with Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and IE.  You could experiment with setting the width of the table explicitly and see if Safari responds to that:

<style>
.acbc_screener .inner_table {
    width: 1200px;
}
</style>
I wasn't able to change the width with the code. But by setting in the "Questions setting" the width to 1000, it stretched the table sufficiently.

Thanks so far for the answers. Related to that, I have another question:
is it possible to set the distance between the  lines in a screener table?
Can you expound on that?  Distance between which lines?
Yes, sure.
1) There is a distance between rows. I do not intend those distances.
2) But in a row the text can be too long for a column, for which reason it comes to a line break in that column. Thus, one sentence/long word covers two lines in one column. And I mean the distance between these two lines of that sentence/long word. How, if possible, can I set this distance?
CSS's line-height property does that.  Just depends on where you want to set it.

.acbc_screener .label_text,
.acbc_screener .level_text {
    line-height: 30px;
}