Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Admin Module cannot accessed in XAMPP

Dear supporter,

I am using SSIWeb 7 to conduct survey via XAMPP (an easy to install Apache distribution containing MySQL, PHP and Perl).

When I want to access admin module to download data, it always shows the following message:

-------------------------------------------
Sawtooth Error # 130
Path error.

Error writing error log file. Check permissions.
-------------------------------------------

I think there must be something wrong with some files, but I dont know how to revise them. besides, I cannot download the data via "Field | Download data..." in SSIWeb either.

It would be really grateful that you could have a look at it.

The SSIWeb version I use is 7.0.28

Any information you need, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.
asked Sep 21, 2012 by ericdee Bronze (1,800 points)

3 Answers

+1 vote
I'm not familiar with XAMPP, but it sounds like a regular permissions or pathway issue.  Best I can recommend is going through our documentation at https://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/support/issues/ssiweb/server_setup/ and make sure file permissions are set correctly, and in the case of a common cgi-bin, the pathways in SSI Web are set correctly as well (particularly for the path for the admin)
answered Sep 24, 2012 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (38,315 points)
+1 vote
I used XAMPP as hosting a SSI web survey on local machine for a CAPI project under Windows environment.

The Perl error occurs with XAMPP may due to the incorrect Perl run path. The default run path   generated together by SSI web load procedure is for Linux, you can check the line 1 in "ciwweb.pl" file, "!/usr/bin/perl" is the syntax for Linux environment, but as if your XAMPP run on Windows, it should be changed to "c:\xampp\perl\bin\perl.exe" instead.

File "admin.pl" contains the default Perl path also.
answered Feb 21, 2013 by Leen (285 points)
+1 vote
Sawtooth Error #130 means the problem lies in your _path.cgi file.  Not the path in the header of admin.pl and ciwweb.pl.  That fact that you are getting sawtooth error #130 means that the perl path in headers is correct and working.  Check your study paths to make sure you have the setup pathing correct.
answered Feb 21, 2013 by Mike Lodder Gold (23,410 points)