Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Carry forward responsne to the next question

I have the same problem. Would you like to develop where this code should be written. I do not understand.
asked May 22 by Jennifer
If you're also using a ranking question, then you need to create a constructed list in Lighthouse Studio's List Manager and set up that constructed list with that instruction code.
I got it right now. Thank you so much!

I have now a Ranking question Q1 (19 items) and a Constant sum question, Q2, based on the result from Q1. Is it possible in Q2 just ask the participants to Constant sum the ranked top 10 from Q1? I have tried ADD, AIC and ADDsorted, REMOVE command but do not get it right. It seems like I can only make a constructed list based on the Parent list from Q1 and not the result from Q1.

Thank you for your support!

1 Answer

0 votes
Sounds like you can still use AddSorted to get the items from Q1 in the order that they were ranked.  We just need to call SetListLength after to remove the items that weren't ranked in the top ten.  Give this constructed list instruction a try:

AddSorted(Q1, 1)
SetListLength(10)
answered Jun 5 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (121,525 points)
This worked very well! Thanks alot, you made my day!