Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Each version shows 1-15 only. What could have gone wrong?

Thank you. I followed the instructions. Unfortunately, the design that is generated shows only the numbers 1-15 in all versions. I was expecting any 15 at random out of the 30 in a version. Will appreciate your guidance on what could have gone wrong.
asked May 20 by Praveen

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hi Praveen,

Send your SSI file into support, and we can help you debug it. There are a couple things that could be impacting it:

1) You are missing the RANDOMIZE() command in your list building, or you have the instructions out of order. If the RANDOMIZE() is missing, or if it comes after the SETLISTLENGTH(15) command, then you'd only see the first 15 each time.

2) If you are looking at it in Preview rather than in Test mode, you could experience this. Preview mode does not execute scripts, and is primarily a tool for making sure your layout is correct. Run through the survey in Test mode a few times and you should see different results each time.

3) I know it's probably a long shot, but double check that your parent list contains all 30 items. If it only has the first 15, then this would also create the problem you are seeing.

There are a few other remote possibilities, but these are the first three I'd check.

Best regards,
Aaron
answered May 20 by Aaron Hill Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (10,095 points)