Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Changing CBC design and deleting project

To whom it may concern

I created a CBC design in Lighthouse and uploaded the project to Sawtooth hosting. I have now changed the design slightly and want to re upload this project to get a new link. I have no data for the previous project.

If I delete the first project from the hosting site will my CBC project in Lighthouse studio be deleted as well?

May seem like a silly question but I would rather be sure before deleting my whole design
asked May 15 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Creating, modifying, or removing hosting projects will not affect a questionnaire file in Lighthouse Studio.  The only time where hosting can impact what is going on in Lighthouse Studio is when you download data from a hosting project to your local computer.  Even then, that only changes the questionnaire's data, not the questionnaire's settings (questions, exercises, passwords, etc.).  As long as there's no data on a hosting project that you need to keep around, you can safely delete the project.

That being said, I know many Lighthouse Studio users make copies of their questionnaire files and/or respondent data before making any significant changes.  It shouldn't be necessary in your situation, but it's easy to do and can provide some peace of mind knowing you have backups of your work.
answered May 15 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (114,750 points)