Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How to create a QR Code

Hello,  I just received the below question from a client

Do we have capabilities to create a QR code for a survey we program internally... meaning, the respondent could scan a code on their phone and it would send them to a survey we've programmed?

Is this possible and if yes, how would this work?  What logic would I use to program this?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me.
asked Apr 22 by Sandy
Hello,

I have my answer.  Yes, this can be done
I've done it a couple time this year (QR code that launches a generic survey link) using https://www.qr-code-generator.com/

But, this does not customize the survey launch for each person (such as automatically entering their password or other pass-through info)
There are programs out there that will generate many at the same time. So, if you want one QR code per respondent, you could create passwords in Lighthouse Studio, use Excel to concatenate the survey bypass link with the generated passwords, and then paste the links into a program that allows you to generate more than one code. (Note that the ones I looked at charge after the first, say, 100 codes.) I don't have a specific service to recommend, but I found a number doing a Google search for "create bulk qr codes".

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.