Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Live results of semantic differential

Hello,

I am using a semantic differential question and I was wondering if it is possible to show the results on the same screen while the respondent drags the handle. I am using numerical units (0-100)  and wanted to show the numbers on the same page. I have recalled the answer on the second page but it would look better if the results were shown on time when the respondents actually drag the handle of the slider.

Thanks
asked Apr 11 by AMYN Bronze (1,180 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Place HTML like this wherever you want the values displayed, adjusting the "1" with which item's value to show:

<span class="[% QuestionName() %]_1_value"></span>

Then add this JavaScript to the semantic diff question:

<script>
$(document).ready(updateSliderRealTimeValues);
$(document).on('slidechange', '.ui-slider', updateSliderRealTimeValues);

function updateSliderRealTimeValues() {
    $('input[name="hid_list_[% QuestionName() %]"]').val().split(',').forEach(function(item){
        $('.[% QuestionName() %]_' + item + '_value').text(SSI_GetValue('[% QuestionName() %]_' + item));
    });
}
</script>
answered Apr 11 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (115,375 points)
Hello Zachary,

Thank you very much for sharing this code, just I do not understand what do you mean by "item'.
My semantic differential has only one row (right list and left list both contains only one member, and the scale anchor is 0-100)
Is it better to use the Semantic differential or change it to the free format? I stuck to the template because my programming expertise is in its infancy.

Have a good day
Sounds like you only have one response item, so no changes to the code should be needed.
worked fine Thanks.