Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Combining different studies into one

What is the best way to combine different studies into one study? For instance your questionnaire has several CBC's and you have programmed them and saved them as different files. Now you want to combine them into one study/file before you start collecting the data.
asked Sep 13, 2012 by Asset (340 points)

2 Answers

0 votes
I export their designs one by one, add new CBC questions to the master questionnaire and add dummy attributes (exactly same no of attributes and levels) to the master questionnaire and import the exported designs into each dummy CBC in master file.

I hope you can follow this, if not let me know and ill write a more detailed description
answered Sep 13, 2012 by Bahadir Ozkurt Gold (16,910 points)
0 votes
Ideally for a CBC you would program the survey once and get a design, then you would do a Save as to make a copy so that the second survey had the same design and you could just combine data (merge dat files in previous versions or merge CSV files in version 8).
answered Sep 13, 2012 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (39,170 points)