Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Automatically moving the slider

Hi,

I am using a free format to construct a comparison question between 2 Health states (one is full health and one have certain illnesses). the aspect of comparison is years lived in each state. We assume 10 years in the illness state (expressed by a constant slider) and a 0.5-step changing slider ranging from 0-10 for the full health state (this is the slider we want to change). What I want to do is the following:
1- I want the slider to start in the middle (5 years), and asks the respondent if they think the 2 states are: a) equal; b) full health is better "state A"; C)ill state is better "State B", based on the answer the result will be as follows:
A) equal --> go to the next question
B) full health is better --> reduce the number of years lived in State A by 0.5 and then repeat the SAME question
C) ill health is better --> increase the number of years lived in State A by 0.5 and then repeat the SAME question
The looping between B & C should End (and the respondent moves to the next question) when the respondent shifts his choice from either B to C or from C to B (since choice A will lead to the next question anyway) and then a middle value (between his last 2 choices) should be assigned to this question.
2- Between 9.5 & 10 I want to add 2 steps (9.7 & 9.9) is that possible?
3- The respondent is not allowed to reach either end of the slider (0 & 10)

Thank you very much
AMYN
asked Apr 4 by AMYN Bronze (1,335 points)
edited Apr 4 by AMYN
This seems doable, but it sounds like a large task.  You may need to consult analytics@sawtoothsoftware.com (or a third-party consultant of your choice) to get a quote.
Thank you for the advice, I will do that.
What I wrote above is enough or do I need to add more details?

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.