Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How do I get rid of the blank left column in the semantic differential question

Here is an example of my survey layout: http://www.aronsburg.nl/semantic_differential.jpg

How do I get rid of the blank colum on the left without aligning the entire page to the left?

When I do align it to the left, there is more than enough space for the entire question to fit on the page, however, when it is centered, I need to scroll to view the entire page.

I'm using SSI web V8.0.0.

If you require further details please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
asked Aug 14, 2012 by Sander (360 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
By default there should be space there because we have a center alignment in our default style sheet.

Is there any reason why you don't want to to left align since it's a wide question?  It seems like that solves your problem?
answered Aug 15, 2012 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (37,710 points)
If I align the question to the left the layout is not the same as the rest of the survey (the header and footer images are displayed out of position, relatively) which has a center alignment (since this looks best moest of the time).

Its just a matter of style, but I would like the entire survey to be neat and clean stylewise.