Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Uploaded Survey with questions modified

Hi,

I did a soft launch with a set of questions; Let's say hypothetically - A,B,C. After soft launch, we decided to add some questions and cut down others. Let's say that the new set of questions is A,B,D. So, deleted C and added D.

The data from first soft launch and  updated survey are on the same server. So, when i pull the dataset, I can see the data for Question D, it is blank for soft launch but has values for new respondents. But i do not see the past data for question C for soft launch respondents. How can i get that data?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
asked Oct 25, 2018 by Abhi

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Hi Abhi,

The data for a renamed/deleted question is not actually deleted from the database, though it is inaccessible from the Data Management section of the admin module. However, this data is accessible from the Advanced section of the admin module, in the raw csv files for the data tables. If someone needs help with this data, contact support for further help retrieving the data.
answered Oct 25, 2018 by Christina Hubner Bronze Sawtooth Software, Inc. (600 points)
edited Oct 30, 2018 by harrison