Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Open-end numeric with prefer not to answer

Hello,

I'm attempting to build out a question that asks UK respondents what their three digit postal code is. I have this currently constructed as an open-end numeric: min 001, max 999; response not required. I would also like to have a single radio button underneath that allows respondents to select 'prefer not to answer'.

I'm having trouble writing Javascript that forces respondents to either enter a three digit numeric response in the open-end field or select 'prefer not to answer', but not both.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
asked Oct 11, 2018 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
The "Not Applicable" questions from the Community Question Library were made for this purpose.

https://sawtoothsoftware.com/community-question-library/1747-not-applicable-per-question

You can download the question from the above link and import it into your question library to use in your study.
answered Oct 11, 2018 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (120,900 points)
Thanks for the quick reply, Zachary.

When I go to download the question, it saves as an XML document and not as a Sawtooth file. Do you know how to reconcile this?
Downloading a zipped file with various contents is normal.

Are you on Lighthouse Studio 9.3.0 or above?  If so, you can go into your question library from the main menu and click "Import" to add the XML document to your Lighthouse Studio question library.  From there, you can add the question to any study similarly to how you normally add questions.
This worked. Thank you!