Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Source for "No Holdout Tasks in ACBC"?

Is there any technical paper or research that I could quote, konfirming what you've just said (That it's generally not possible to do hold out tasks in ACBC, even though it is possible in case one got very strong process skills)?

I would be very grateful to be able to quote this in my paper!
related to an answer for: Holdout cards within ACBC
asked Sep 24, 2018 by Ben

1 Answer

0 votes
You can reference the ACBC technical paper (http://sawtoothsoftware.com/support/technical-papers/adaptive-cbc-papers/acbc-technical-paper-2009) but I don't think it specifically mentions holdout questions (or for that matter any other thing ACBC doesn't automatically include, like on-the-fly utility estimation or best-worst response format questions).  

You can of course add one or more holdout choice questions if you like just by writing them as free-format questions, but this is something you could do for any type of choice experiment, so to my knowledge there's no research paper to cite about doing it for ACBC.
answered Sep 25, 2018 by Keith Chrzan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (74,825 points)