Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How to do present volume share and apply weights in the simulator

Hi experts

I am suffering issues while developing the simulator. I do really appreciate any suggestions.

The background:
I am conducting volumetric CBC study, and it is at the simulator phase. I need to set max volume as weights at individual level. Since I have more than 30 SKUs which is not supported by SMRT (max is 30), so I have to develop the excel-based simulator.

My first question is that while I get the share of preference, can it be treated as share of volumes, or I need to apply max volume (generated by Volumetric CHS convert tool) as weights?

If I need to apply max volume as weight, then, how to apply it into the simulation calculation? Is it applied before exponentiating utilities, or when I get the share of preference?

Thanks very much for all your kind replies.

Eric
asked Jul 30, 2012 by ericdee Bronze (1,800 points)
retagged Sep 13, 2012 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
SMRT simulator supports up to 100 products in the market simulation scenario.  

If you are using the Volumetric CHS conversion tool, you indeed use the Max Volume per person as the weight.  

Then, after you get the shares of preference reported out of SMRT, you need to multiply them by the sum of the Max Volume weights to obtain total volume for your sample.
answered Jul 30, 2012 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (141,665 points)
Hi Bryan, thanks for your kind answers.

SMRT will support 30 attributes, but I have more than 30 attributes in my design, that's why I use excel to develop simulator. Thus, I wonder how to apply the weights.

Besides, I am not sure about "you need to multiply them by the sum of the Max Volume weights to obtain total volume for your sample." Could you kindly please show me an example?

Thank you very much for the help.