Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

HB-Reg cannot read <studyname>.alp

Hi Guys,

I am attempting to use HB-Reg (3.0.6) and have now created the file,

I can import the data and set the estimation running, however it finishes instantly and gives the following error,

"cannot read <studyname>.alp"

The data is type 2, with observations ranging from 10 to 25, for around 7300 respondents,

any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Dean
asked Jul 26, 2012 by djtindall (380 points)

1 Answer

+3 votes
The only time that message should occur is after estimation is finished; it is surprising that it is coming up instantly (after clicking continue from the build report I assume).

Without more information it would be difficult to determine what the problem is, however my first impression is that your project files might be located in a read-only location, such as in C:\Program Files.  The program may also have difficulty running a project from a network drive.
answered Jul 26, 2012 by Walter Williams Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (15,075 points)
Thanks Walter,

my project is located on the desktop, so don't think that will be the problem,

I have noticed that the data editor seems to place a space in between two digit numbers though, which looks strange
it looks like the file has not saved in the correct format, issue has now been solved,

Thanks for your help!