Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How to add repeat profiles for reliability test?

Dear everyone,

I set up a CVA survey. In order to measure the (test-retest) reliability I want to include two repeat profiles in the survey.

I tried to copy CVA tasks, but this did not work.
Then I tried to add a new CVA exercise that is exactly the same as the main CVA task. Here I faced the problem that I need a minimum of 5 tasks/profiles.

Is there any solution to this?

Thank you for your help!
asked Mar 27, 2018 by Steffi

1 Answer

0 votes
The way to do it, in my book, is to export your CVA design to a .CSV file (edit your CVA exercise, use the Design tab, Import/Export Design... button) , then modify that design in the .CSV file to copy the repeated CVA tasks (for test-retest reliability).  Then, back in your CVA project settings, increase the number of questions you are requesting to reflect your new design (on the Design tab).  Then, import the modified .CSV file (using the Import/Export Design... button).

Just make sure during analysis that you figure out whether to include the repeated CVA tasks in utility estimation, or whether you want to held them out (exclude) them from estimation. You can exclude them or not in your analysis settings.
answered Mar 27, 2018 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (164,715 points)