Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Including date into database

Dear All,

Q1 we ask about date of birth. I want to show the calendar in the question and respondent can select date. When we export data CSV, will see like this format "DD-MMM-YYYY" at Q1 column.

Note: We do not need the separate column of date.

Is it possible?
asked Mar 20, 2018 by Saroeun Bronze (1,850 points)
Thanks Paul,

I am new with this script,

Could you detail the step how to do this?

It's very important to me. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer

0 votes
First you should click on this link ...

http://sawtoothsoftware.com/community-question-library/1732-calendar

Note the information / instructions on this page.

This is a calendar question in the Sawtooth Software Question Library. This library consists of some very neat and advanced question types. Take your time browsing through them at your earliest convenience. There are some very cool features in here.

Zachary Anderson from Sawtooth Software is your best contact if you have any specific questions about this library. He is a very helpful and accommodating fellow too.

You need to download the calendar question by clicking on the green button. Once downloaded, you need to import the calendar question into Sawtooth Software.

I suggest you go into Sawtooth Software and click on the Library button and then hit F1 for HELP. Some useful instructions will appear on how to import the calendar question into your own library.

Once imported, you can use the calendar question like all other question types (Select, Grid, Numeric, Text, etc.).

Let me know how you go.
answered Mar 20, 2018 by Paul Moon Platinum (76,675 points)