Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Prohibition if price is zero

Hi,
I want to prohibit the product combination if the summed price is zero. Is it possible?
asked Mar 19, 2018 by anonymous
Can you give us more information?  Are you referring to ACBC (Adaptive CBC), or a special design that you are creating in CBC (Choice-Based Conjoint)?
It is ACBC. One more piece of information is out of 14 attributes we pass minimum 2 and maximum 5 to the ACBC exercise from pre-conjoint questions (based on the responses selected from multiple select question). I was able to write prohibitions when maximum of 5 attributes entered in to ACBC. Now struggling on adding prohibitions for 4, 3 and 2 sets of attributes passed in. Please let me know if any more information is needed.

1 Answer

0 votes
OK, so I think I see the difficulty.  I think the prohibitions tables in ACBC call for exact matches, so the missing attribute levels when you have different numbers of attributes showing for different respondents causes problems.

How common is it for the summed price to come back zero?  Remember, there needs to be a random shock to the summed price values, or you cannot partial out the effect of price (obtain a separate utility estimate for price) without that.  

If it is only a rare case that the price comes back zero, then perhaps you ignore that.  Or, perhaps you can set up your pricing tables and the %shock up and down from the summed prices such that obtaining a zero price was not logically possible?
answered Mar 21, 2018 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (163,515 points)