Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Message from sawtooth

Hi,
i tried to test my questionnaire and i got the following message:

This software is licensed for academic, non-commercial use only.

1. Warning: The predefined list 'ccList' does not contain any list members.  Click "Compose | Lists" on the menu to add list members or delete the list.
Can anybody explain me what does it mean?
I managed to proceed with the questionnaire.
asked Mar 8 by iralexia14 (380 points)

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer
Hi,

Warnings displayed by Sawtooth Software are for sole purpose of keeping only the lists/items which are being used. This comes in handy when there is a team of programmers/individuals who are working in parallel. If you created a project and later on it is handed over to someone else, they shouldn't be in a state where they don't know why a list is created.
Warnings can be ignored and you can still continue with the next steps of uploading the project.

This particular warning is very much straightforward which asks you to add members to a list which you have created. You might not have created it in the "Lists" tab. It must have got created by itself when you added a new question and were trying to add options to a row/column using the list functionality.

You can reach out in case of any further questions/concerns.
answered Mar 9 by Arpit Thukral Bronze (905 points)
selected Mar 10 by iralexia14
thanks!!!
0 votes
Hello,

If you follow the instructions in the warning, you should see a list that doesn't contain any list members. If you aren't using the list in the questionnaire, just delete it and the warning will go away.

Gary
answered Mar 8 by Gary Baker Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (6,890 points)