Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Logical Step in CBC

Hi all,

one short question. I am wondering whether it is possible to display the resondent his/her favourite stimuli after (s)he completes the CBC.

Like I am surveying preferences towards different shopping assistant smarthphone app functions. Functions = attributes; Specification = Levels.

After the completion I would like to present the respondent the app with the functions (s)he favours most, because I also question the respondent if the app would be a reason to prefer a specific retailer over others.

Is it possible to do this in one survey? If yes, somebody knows how?

Thanks in advance, I hope the question is understandable.

Kind regards,
Felix
asked Feb 23 by Flx (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
With CBC experiments, it is very difficult to obtain enough information from a single respondent to calculate in a stable way the part-worth utilities.  (The typical individual-level analysis, such as HB, represents a weighted combination of the respondent's preferences with the preferences for the population of respondents).

If you want to be able to show respondents their most preferred product in a Lighthouse Studio survey, then I recommend you create a BYO (Build Your Own) type exercise prior to your CBC questions.  This is simple, since you can create a select-type question for each attribute.  Show attribute 1's levels, ask respondent which level is most preferred.  Show attribute 2's levels, ask respondent which level is most preferred.  Then, after the CBC questionnaire, show respondent a product concept that it made up of the levels picked from the series of select-type questions.

What is more, you can leverage the BYO questions during HB estimation as covariates, so information from those additional questions is not lost and can help you obtain better overall HB results.
answered Feb 26 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (141,665 points)