Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

HB error message after respondent building

We are trying to process our own customized study with CBC HB. We've created a .chs file using the template in CBC HB manual.
It has 2895 respondent records for a study with two attributes, first of them has 214 levels, and the second one has ony 3 levels. It has 13 tasks, and all of them can have different but high number of concepts (sometimes around 200).

Probably the file is too long or the number of parameters to be estimated lies beyond the software capacity, but after the long building process, after clicking "Continue with estimation button" we get an error message like this one: "The respondent offset header was not found at the proper location".

This happens between the successful build and the beginning of estimation.

Can you please explain the reason of getting such a message?

asked Nov 9, 2011 by anonymous
edited Nov 9, 2011

1 Answer

+3 votes
The data may result in a build file larger than 4 GB, which exceeds CBC/HB's capabilities.  However, I would suggest you zip up the file and email it to me at walt@sawtoothsoftware.com.  I can verify that this is the case.
answered Nov 9, 2011 by Walter Williams Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (15,275 points)