Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Changing export file pathway

Hi all,

For some reason I cannot figure out how to change the folder that I'm exporting into. I know how to change the file names, how to choose what to export and what not to export, but I cannot change the pathway.

In the help manual it says  "A default name and path is provided in the Output Filename: field.  You can directly edit the name.  By clicking the browse button, you can specify the folder in which you wish to save the file."

but I can't find the browse button anywhere. Could anybody give me a bit of advice please?

Thanks,
Jake
asked Feb 20 by Jake Hammond (285 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
When you create a Job Name for your export data, it will create a folder in your job folder with that name.  Within that folder, another folder(s) will be created for each Export Action you have set up (raw-data type or open end type) and you name each of those.
answered Feb 20 by Jay Rutherford Gold (27,125 points)
Jay's response is correct.  

We previously had the option to specify the output directory, but it has since been removed.  The help documentation needs to be updated.

Thanks,
Jon
I think I figured it out now, thanks!