Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Minimum answer in a question

I have a multiple question (S21) with 20 response ( Brands ), what i need is that if the respondent select 1 or 2 brands only it will be a disqualified questionnaire knowing that brands from 14 to 20 treads as 1 brand

Thanks
asked Jan 30 by ossamaKhattab (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
You can use an SSI Script function in your skip condition called "NumChecked" to skip to a terminate question.

e.g. NumChecked(Q5)>2 would refer to "Skip if Q5 has greater than 2 responses".

If the answer you are seeking is more complex and has multiple codes representing a particular brand, then please provide the codes and brands information and I will put together a suitable solution using Perl within a constructed list.

Regards.
answered Jan 30 by Paul Moon Platinum (58,715 points)
I'm taking a guess and assuming you have the following ...

1: Brand 1
2: Brand 2
3: Brand 3
11: Brand 11
12: Brand 12
13: Brand 13
14-20: Brand 14

Create a parent brand list (call it BrandList) with 14 brands (as mentioned above). Now create the following constructed list (call it BrandConList which uses BrandList as the parent list) ...
Begin Unverified Perl

my $i=1;

for($i=1; $i<=13; $i++)
  {
   if (VALUE("S21_".$i)==1)
    {  
     ADD("BrandList",$i);
    }  
  }

if ((VALUE("S21_14")==1)||(VALUE("S21_15")==1)||(VALUE("S21_16")==1)||(VALUE("S21_17")==1)||(VALUE("S21_18")==1)||(VALUE("S21_19")==1)||(VALUE("S21_20")==1))
  {  
   ADD("BrandList",14);
  }

End Unverified

If BrandConList contains 1-2 codes / brands, then terminate. Use the following skip condition ...

ListLength(BrandConList)<3 (skip to terminate question)