Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Segmentation of respondents based on demographic data

Hello,

in my CBC analysis I want to find out what kind of impact Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has on different groups of people when choosing an airline.

Is there a possibility to assign the respondents to different groups based on the demographic data collected within the survey and then do the analysis for the different groups seperately?

I considered doing a Latent Class Analysis but in my understanding  it is not possible in Lighthouse Studio to see the demographics of the different groups after I ran a Latent Class Analysis. Is that correct?

Thank you very much!
asked Jan 29 by Carla Merz (210 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Carla,

You cannot run cluster analysis or unsupervised latent class analysis from within Lighthouse Studio.  You can run those kinds of models to create segments and then import the segments into Lighthouse Studio - then you could run your utility models separately for each of your demographic segments.
answered Jan 29 by Keith Chrzan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (52,325 points)
selected Jan 29 by Carla Merz
Thank you for your fast reply, Keith!